Position Title: Executive Director, Friends of Fonta Flora State Trail, Inc.
General Job Description: The Executive Director will provide leadership, advocacy, development, and general operations for the organization. They will oversee all affairs related to the organization’s administration, strategic plan, marketing, fundraising, fiscal management, program management, community outreach.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and enables the Board to meet its governance, financial, and legal responsibilities. They will implement the Boards’ directives. The Executive Director must be deeply committed to the goals of the organization and the execution of its mission.
This is a full-time position working remotely with the potential to have office space as the organization grows.
- Serve as an articulate, passionate, and visible spokesperson and as a prominent leader
- Share information regarding the organization and the Fonta Flora State Trail (benefits, progress, etc) to the media, public, stakeholders, landowners, government entities, businesses, trail users, board and members
- Use a variety of communication methods based on the situation – in person and online meetings, phone, email, newsletters, surveys, brochures, social media, web
- Facilitate meetings among the board, trail organizations, stakeholders, tourism agencies, government entities and the like.
- Compile and keep up to date: Reports from each jurisdiction, contact lists of different groups (stakeholders, trail groups, board members), trail section project details, strategic plan goals
- Work with other non-profits to advance the cause – health and fitness, land trusts
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities
- Research and write grants
- Build, maintain, and sustain trusting relationships, partnerships, and alliances
- Develop and monitor an annual budget
- Build excitement and supporters by making it easy to be a part of the trail
- Plan special events, conferences, public input sessions
- Provide technical assistance on trail acquisition and development and find solutions to trail system-wide challenges
- Energize and engage volunteers, board members, committees, and funders
- Enhance the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan, re-evaluate as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in non-profit sector
- Knowledgeable in using
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software, Donor Perfect
- Accounting software and generating financial reports
- Word Press for web site updates
- Mail Chimp for monthly newsletters
- Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Excellence in organizational management
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and diverse groups of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- High level strategic thinking and planning
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy – action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2022. Interviews for selected candidates will take place after that date.
The Executive Director must live in one of the three counties that host the Fonta Flora State Trail – Burke, McDowell or Buncombe.